Here's our annual LTE's Miss Universe Choice. After watching the pre-lims, we came up with our Top 15. This is not a prediction, but our own personal picks. Here they are.....
And LTE's Miss Universe 2013 is..........
Congratulations, Philippines! We hope we're right come Saturday. Good luck!
Surprises: Bolivia, Nigeria, Vietnam
Disappointments: France, USA, Venezuela
Dark Horses: Argentina, Curacao, Netherlands
------ O ------
1. Philippines is a chameleon. Her candids dont give her justice. Her wardrobe simply shows she's from the third world. But with the right styling and make up, she transforms into a siren with different looks. And wait til she moves....
2. France is a disappointment for us, big time! She was LTE's early favorite but her preliminary presentation was unexciting at all.
3. Spain should have won LTE's Miss Universe 2013. Blame it on the dull gown.
4. Speaking of dull gowns, another letdown coming from USA.
5. Nigeria! You surprised us the most! The styling, the confidence, the stage-presence. We will not be bowled over if your name will be called come saturday.
6. Only if Venezuela doesnt look old.
7. We are not sure about Curacao, but we have the feeling.....
8. Philippines and Puerto Rico's yellow rivalry. Monic has a better gown, but Ara just made hers more beautiful with her spunk.
9. Poland was our early favorite to win. We were hoping she'll pull it off at the prelims, but what she showed us was a mediocre performance, #12 is just right.
10. LTE dont get it right all the time. Here's LTE's Miss Universe picks through the years:
2007: GUATEMALA (Unplaced)
2008: BELGIUM (Unplaced)
2009: GREAT BRITAIN (Unplaced)
2010: IRELAND (Top 10)
2011: GREECE (Unplaced)
2012: FRANCE (Top 10)
So, Philippines.... the best of luck to you! Mabuhay!